Monday 6 October 2008

Tablescaping in Blue and White: Welcome to the 7th Tablescape Tuesday!

I've always loved, loved, loved blue and white together. I put this tablescape together out on the porch several months back, then posted it on Rate My Space. I thought I'd share it here on this Tablescape Tuesday. :-)

I don't know what it is about a crisp, white linen tablecloth and napkins...but I love 'em, especially with a blue and white tablescape.




China is Blue Willow; Chargers are from Neiman Marcus, online. Crystal is Waterford, Agraglin.


A couple of years ago, I begin to collect salt cellars to use in my table settings. It just seems like such a simple, yet wonderful way to spoil your dinner guest. It eliminates having to pass around a salt shaker and your guest will be able to salt their food to their individual taste. Here I'm using zipper cut, crystal salt cellars paired with salt spoons in the same pattern as the sterling.


In this close-up, you can see the flakes of a special salt I purchased that melts easily when sprinkled over foods...
This particular brand is highly rated and reasonably priced.

Click on this article to see the names and ratings for many gourmet salts.

This french salt, Fleur de Sel, is another great salt to use, although, I had trouble locating it locally. It is available online from many stores.


Oh, wait a minute...this is a tablescape posting! :-) I'll have to do a posting one day on salt and salt cellars...but for now, back to our tablescape. I liked pairing crystal goblets with the crystal salt cellars in this tablescape.




Cloches are so versatile...so many fun ways to use them in tablescapes and vignettes...


I bought these cute, ceramic blue and white balls a couple of years ago to use as a decorative item in my upstairs family room. (That room is posted here on my blog.) Lynne (decorator 101) taught me that these little decorative ceramic balls are actually called carpet balls. I found out online that they were often used in parlor games back in Victorian Days.




Years ago I purchased a coffee type drink that came in these cobalt blue bottles. I thought the bottles were too pretty to throw away. So, I just kept saving them...having no idea how I might use them one day. I love how they look mixed in with this blue and white table setting.




I love using a sugar scuttle instead of a regular sugar bowl. You can find them for very reasonable prices on eBay. When you have a large party, they are great to put out where you have your coffee available for your guest.




This week's tablescape book is The Art of the Table by Suzanne Von Drachenfels. Nancy Dunnan, coauthor of The Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Etiquette, reviewed this book and said, "Suzanne von Drachenfels's charming book, The Art of the Table, combines the history of what we eat with how we eat in a way that will appeal to those who entertain, those who are interested in the history of civilization, and those who simply want to know what the rules are."
Information about items used in the tablescape above: China is Churchill, Blue Willow, Crystal is Waterford, pattern Araglin, Sterling is Towle, King Richard. Chargers came from Neiman Marcus, online about a year ago...Horchow had them, too. I've had the napkin rings for years but apparently they still make them because I saw them in a Macy's about two weeks ago. Found the crystal salt cellars on eBay.


Thanks for stopping by!

The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:

The following blogs have stunning tablescapes awaiting your visit:

A Beach Cottage
Above the Clouds
Angelic Accents
Between Naps on the Porch
Blinks ‘N Winks from Brown-eyes
Happy to Design
Jannet’s Country Cottage
Kristen’s Creations
More Than Heirlooms
Ribbonwood Cottage
Salmagundi
Sweet Nothings
The Gypsy's Corner
The Happy Wonderer

No comments:

Post a Comment