Wednesday 17 March 2010

A Springtime Tablescape with Beautiful April Cornell Linens! Welcome to the 82nd Tablescape Thursday!

At last, the daffodils are beginning to bloom. I was so happy to see their sunny faces, I decided it was time for a springtime tablescape.


What better way to welcome spring than with gorgeous linens by April Cornell. I was soooo excited when they offered to send me a few things from their wonderful spring line. The beautiful tablecloth and napkins I used for this week's tablescape are from the Genevieve Yellow Collection.


When I found these floral (bee skep) covered-soup tureens at Old Time Pottery around six months ago, I thought they would be perfect for a spring or summer tablescape.


Little did I know how perfect they were going to be...


Imagine my surprise when I placed them on the table and realized they had the exact same blue flower as my tablecloth from April Cornell! Can you see the little blue Morning Glory on the tablecloth? :-)


With bees buzzing 'round the tureens...


I pulled out my La Rochere glassware...


Do you see Mr. Bee?


Napoleon Bee flatware and beautiful April Cornell napkins completed the place setting.


Doesn't this say, It's Springtime!!! :-)




This darling sunny-yellow creamer and sugar are a gift from my sweet friend, Sue, whose blog is Rue Mouffetard. :-) Thank-you, Sue...I just love 'em!


Since the daffodils are so late in coming up this year, I didn't have as many for my floral arrangement as I would have liked.


So...I shopped the house and found some lovely dried lavender hanging in the guest room. I popped it right down into the center of my daffodils. :-)


I so wish you had a scratch and sniff monitor! Try to imagine the sweet scent of daffodils...just for this moment...


A bright, sunshiny day!


Looking forward to seeing your beautiful tablescapes!


Dishware: Lenox, Butler's Pantry, Gourmet
Covered Soup Bowl: American Atelier at Home
Crystal: Blue glassware-Pier 1, end of last summer; Bee glassware-La Rochere
Flatware: Napoleon Bee-Neiman Marcus
Napkin Rings: Old Time Pottery
Creamer and Sugar: Vera Bradley
Linens: Genevieve Yellow Collection-April Cornell, click HERE




If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment