Sunday 28 March 2010

Chandelier Tease: Welcome to the 63rd Metamorphosis Monday and a Give-a-Way!

My Met Monday this week is a bit of a tease. :-) It's not because I want it to be...it's just not quite ready. It involves my Master Bedroom. Here's the ugly, Before below. My home is around 27 years old and I'm about 99 percent sure this is the original fixture for the Master Bedroom. I know for a fact, its been hanging here the 19 years I've lived here, much to my dismay. This fan is actually brown, with kind of a fake wood finish. Many, many years ago, I painted the blades to try and make it "disappear." Didn't really work...I can still see it. (LOL) And not only is it not the most attractive thing, when turned on, it wobbles like it's going to fall right out of the ceiling. I've always known I wanted it G.O.N.E. especially since I'm not crazy about sleeping underneath a ceiling fan...always wake up with an awful headache. You know by now, I'm the slowest decorator ever. I search and search until I find something I really like. While out antiquing at the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta several months ago, I found a chandelier I thought would be just the right size. I knew it had to be pretty large or it would get lost in the tray ceiling above my bed. And to think, it only took me 19 years to get around to this! ;-) I purchased it, brought it home, and carried it upstairs to my bedroom where it has been sitting tied in a chair for these past few months while I tried to locate a place where I could purchase the silver thingy that goes on the ceiling. I've also been debating back and forth about using a medallion on the ceiling above it. Ultimately, I decided against it....think I just want the clean look of the fixture hanging from the ceiling. It was missing two crystals, so I needed to find those, too. While mulling over the medallion decision, I decided it could use a general refurbishing/cleaning before it was installed. That's when I remembered a local shop that does just this type of work. So, right now, it's in the good hands of David and Linda Puffer, the owners of Flourish, an antique and lighting shop in Marietta, Georgia. I'm expecting to have it back by Wednesday or Thursday...then I just need to get it installed. Hopefully that will happen before our next Met Monday...that's the goal. :-) David tells me it's around 50 years old and that its a really great fixture with excellent quality crystals. That was music to my ears since I was just going on pure instinct when I bought it. BTW, if you live in the Marietta area, David and Linda can create a lamp for you out of any special piece you have or love...like you saw me do HERE in this post. I have a bunny that I'm thinking about having made into a lamp. I love the idea of having a special lamp that can't be found anywhere else. :-) Hope to show you the "After" next week...keeping fingers crossed. This has been a long time coming! :-) Looking forward to seeing all your "Before and Afters!" Metamorphosis Monday is an opportunity to show a "Before and After" project in your home. It can be as elaborate as a whole new room addition or as simple as re-doing your decor with the changing of the seasons. Maybe you have a "trash to treasure" project to share...we'd love to see it! If you don't have a "Before" pic to share, describe as best you can what the room or item looked like prior to the renovation. If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions. Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well. Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog. Fabulous "Before and Afters" await your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment