Sunday 14 March 2010

A Little Addition to a Dormer Nook: Welcome to the 61st Metamorphosis Monday!

Last week I shared a metamorphosis in my guest room. It went from this...




...to this, with the addition of a secretary between the windows. Recently, I made another small change (Mini-Met) that I'm sharing for this Met Monday. I had two little blue bird watercolor pictures hanging underneath the wall shelf on the right wall in that room (look at the pic above to see those). I was never really happy with the bluebird pics in that spot because the blue matting around the pics was a softer blue, and just wasn't working so well in the guest room with its deeper "flow blue" colors.




I loved my little bluebird pics and didn't want to just put them away. So, I headed for the other blue room in my home...the upstairs family room. (You can see more of this room by clicking on the "Upstairs family room" button on my side bar.)


So, where did they end up? I decided to put them in the little nooks formed by the dormers in that room.



Do you see it?




I placed it nice and low, so if someone sat on the seat to look out the window...


...they would be right at eye level with Mr. Bluebird. :-) When decorating a nook or cozy area of your home, I find it makes the area feel that much cozier if you hang pictures down on eye level...the level you would be when sitting in that special spot.




They were just too cute to not use somewhere, and the two nooks in this room always felt like they need a little something else.




This little book, by Karen Hansgen, is filled with wonderful ideas for decorating nooks in any room of your home. I keep it here in this window nook, and it always makes me smile when I see it. :-)




I hung the second bluebird print in the other window-seat nook in this room.



This nook holds all of my son's childhood Teddy bears. He's all grown now, but I couldn't "bear" to part with these adorable guys. Grandchildren need Teddy Bears, too. ;) Planning ahead.




Looking forward to seeing all your, Before and Afters!






Metamorphosis Monday is an opportunity to show a "Before and After" project in your home. It can be as elaborate as a whole new room addition or as simple as re-doing your decor with the changing of the seasons. Maybe you have a "trash to treasure" project to share...we'd love to see it! If you don't have a "Before" pic to share, describe as best you can what the room or item looked like prior to the renovation.

If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment