Friday 12 March 2010

Fantasy Homes...

Remember that old HGTV show, Extreme Homes? Is it still on? I have a home to show you that should be (or should have been) on that show. This house is about 15-20 minutes from my town, in a smaller town/city nearby. It's on a busy, main road, and one day, (15+ years ago) as we were passing by, we pulled over and took this pic. Of course, I didn't know one day I'd be sharing it with you guys on a thing called a blog! :-)

An aside: About a week ago, I finally got around to calling HP to get some help with my HP "All in One" printer/scanner/fax that I purchased months ago. I couldn't get the "scan" function to talk to my computer...or vice-versa. I just sat back and watched while they literally commandeered my computer (which is also an HP) and figured it all out. It took them (the experts) about half an hour, which means I would have NEVER figured it out. Thank-you, HP...you have a customer for life here! :-) And, No...HP didn't pay me or give me anything for that endorsement...only great service. :-)

Now that I have my scanner working, I'm going to have so much fun sharing some old pics with you from time to time! Of course, I'll still be taking plenty of new pics...just no more having to take a picture of a picture, when I want to share an old pic with you. I'll just scan that baby in and share away! Yay, technology! :-) Sorry, I get carried away...it's the little things that make me happy! Ok, the big things do, too.

Ok, back to the picture...this is a real house! I so wish I could remember exactly what road it was on. Then, I could drive back by to see if it's still there all these years later.


Here's the same pic, again...but this time it hasn't been enlarged, just in case the resolution on your computer doesn't support the bigger pics. Do you see the building off to the right? What do you suppose that is...the garage? I think it's too short to be a garage. Maybe it's a wall around a pool? Or, maybe it's a playhouse for the children! :-)

You can tell how old this pic is...because of the age of the car that's parked on the right side, behind the house. Wouldn't you love to see the inside of this home?!

I have a good many local readers...maybe someone will leave a comment saying if this house is still standing and if it's still a residence today. Please, no names, though...for privacy reasons. :-)

Additional Info: A reader found some additional information about the castle house. You can read it by clicking HERE. Thanks to everyone who left comments and sent info about where the home is located. Some readers mentioned that home now has a moat and gnomes outside. :-)

Isn't it wonderful that all our homes don't look exactly the same...what a boring world that would be! I love that whoever owns this place, had the enthusiasm to build the home of their dreams. It's a bit of fantasy and joy in a world that is all too "real" and negative at times.

Do you have an "extreme" home in your neck of the woods? If you could build a fantasy home, what would it look like? Mine would definitely look like those storybook cottages you see in fairy tales. Hey, HGTV! Do a show about Storybook Homes and I'll host it! :-) Think they are listening? :-)

If you'd like your own storybook cottage...check out the homes at Storybook Homes by clicking HERE. Have fun! :-)

They sell hardware for storybook homes, too. As I was browsing, I fell in love with these. :-)



Oh, don't forget to check out all the fabulous tablescapes posted for Tablescape Thursday! Wow, you guys amaze me with your creativity and talent! :-) Have a great weekend! See you on Monday for Met Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment