Monday 3 November 2008

Welcome to the 11th Tablescape Tuesday!

On one of my trips to A Classy Flea this past summer, I came across this happy daisy china...and it said, "Take me home with you; I'm perfect for your screened-in porch." Well, who could ignore china that speaks to you! :-)


I used place mats and matching napkins I already had. The faux bamboo flatware was purchased from Big Lots late in the summer to go with some china I had just bought for fall. I was happy to find it also coordinated well with this daisy pattern.


This is an American made china and dates back to the 1960s. It was made by Metlox Potteries out of California and the pattern is Poppytrail, Sculptured Daisy. The pattern is raised and it gives the daisies a bit of a 3-D look.


I found these cute flower-shaped plates at Home Goods...really wanted six, but they only had three. So I alternate them around the table with the salad plates that actually match the china.


Here's a pic with the matching salad plates...much more interesting with the flower salad plates, don't you think?


Isn't this just about the happiest china you've ever seen...you just couldn't be sad while eating from this plate! :-)


The Sculptured Daisy china is so sweet and uncomplicated, I decided to decorate the table the same way. Instead of using bold candle holders with large candles, as I so often do, I went with a more delicate look, using lots of small votives instead.


For the centerpiece, I went with an arrangement I frequently use on one of my tables during Christmas parties. This has to be one of the simplest centerpieces ever...I stole the idea from a Southern Living article a few years back. Just toss lemons into a large vase, fill with water and add some live greenery/cuttings from your yard. I like to use magnolia leaves but I'm sure other types of greenery would work just fine.


Here's the view from the other end of the table. Just as I took this picture, the sun managed to find an opening through all the trees and lit up my centerpiece. :-)




A few pics as it was starting to get a bit darker outside...


Ok...I'm going to hush up now and just let you enjoy!:-)












This Tablescape Tuesday's featured book is: Decorating with China and Glass by Caroline Clifton-Mogg. It contains a lot of great ideas for displaying china as well as some beautiful table settings. It's one of my favorites...but then I say that about all my "china" books, don't I? :-)


Thanks for stopping by and please take a moment to visit the blogs shown below to see some wonderfully creative and stunning tablescapes!

The following blogs have the most amazing tablescapes awaiting your visit:

Bargain Hunting with Laurie

Confessions of a 40-Something Mama Queen

Creating Myself

Deanie's Space

Etiquette with Miss Janice

Heirlooms

Melissa's Heart and Home

Note Songs

Oak Rise Cottage

Rose Vignettes

Salmagundi

The Happy Wonderer

The Hostess with the Mostess

Thinkin'of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment