Monday 24 November 2008

Welcome to the 14th Tablescape Tuesday!

Recently I had a "china" panic attack! A china panic attack is what happens when you hear or read that a particular china manufacturer is trying to sell their business because they are fast headed in the direction of closing their doors. Unfortunately, there's a lot of that type news going around these days.

The company I heard about was Spode and my little panic attack was due to the fact I have been drooling for some time over a particular china made by Spode...and I suddenly had visions of it becoming unavailable. Now I've never done anything illegal, well at least knowingly...but if there's a black market for china, I might just cross that line! :-) This recent Spode news sent me scurrying to purchase a china they make called "Woodland."

Hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving tablescape set with Spode, Woodland.




Since Woodland is all about animals, particularly "game" animals, I decided to go with a woodland/hunt feel in this tablescape.




For a centerpiece, I used cuttings from the Leyland Cypress and Fire Power Nandina I have growing in my yard. I placed the cypress and nandina in a cache pot I had.


The pheasants were the only thing new that I purchased for this tablescape, well...except for the china. :-) I enjoy the challenge of trying to put together a tablescape that has a completely different feel from any tablescape I've done previously, but without having to spend a lot of money on the decorative pieces.




You may recognize Mr. Duck from my family room post and my recent Trim the Tree Thursday post. He's sitting on a small wooden box I bought years ago. I love to collect old boxes.


This vintage pheasant plate is usually in another room, but I thought it looked nice here on the sideboard for this tablescape.




The Spode Woodland salad plate shows a male and female Red Grouse...




The dinner plate depicts a male and female pheasant...




The bread plate shows a male and female snipe...



The cup depicts a quail...I think it's a male...




A snipe is inside the tea cup...wonder why they didn't put a female quail in there?




And the saucer shows a rabbit running along through a field...




I sprinkled some cinnamon-scented pine cones here and there. Then it dawned on me what nice placecard holders pine cones make.




A few more views...










Thanks for stopping by for my Thanksgiving tablescape. Please take a moment to visit all the wonderful blogs shown at the top of this post. Just click on the links and prepare to be inspired!



To view all the tablescapes that have been posted here over the last 14 weeks, click HERE.

Information about items shown in this tablescape: China is Spode, Woodland; Sterling is Towle, King Richard; Chargers are from Neiman Marcus/Horchow online a year ago; Candlesticks are from Hobby Lobby earlier this past summer. Paint color on walls is Benjamin Moore, Raspberry Truffle.



The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:

Above the Clouds

A Tale Of Magical Memories

Back Porch Musings

Between Naps on the Porch

Creating Myself

Deb's Country Kisses

Designs of 47th Street

Kathleen Ellis

Lynne's Gifts from the Heart

Melissa's Heart and Home

Note Songs

Oak Rise Cottage

Our Creative Life

Rose Colored Glasses

The Happy Wonderer

Northern01 (Elizabeth) on Rate My Space

Xinex (Christine) on Rate My Space

No comments:

Post a Comment