Monday 17 November 2008

Pretty in Pink Table Setting: Welcome to the 13th Tablescape Tuesday!

I've been busy caulking and painting in my dining room so I didn't have a chance to put together a brand new tablescape for today's Tablescape Tuesday. But I thought you might not mind too much if I posted a Pink and White tablescape I put together a couple of months ago for a Pink Saturday which is hosted each week by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound. :-)

One day, while shopping for china on eBay, I found a set of Homer Laughlin china with a pretty floral pattern. I bought six, 5-pc place settings and a serving bowl for around $36, including shipping...gotta love that eBay!




Several months later, while out antiquing, I came across another set of china made by International. I loved the pattern, which I discovered was called Glenwood. Glenwood was made by both International and Homer Laughlin, and has a wide pink band surrounding a pretty gardenia.

A little light bulb went off and I thought, maybe, just maybe, the two china patterns would work together in a table setting. I got a great deal that day, 27 pieces of Glenwood for $14...it was marked down, plus they were having a store wide sale...yipee! :-)

As I was checking out with the china, a bit of a frenzy started...several different groups of people in line behind me were trying to talk me out of my china! They were all upset that they hadn't seen it first and wanted to know if there was more. They went on and on the entire time it was being wrapped and packaged. I've never had that happen in a store before! :-) Once home, I checked good ole eBay and found a few more pieces of Glenwood to complete what I needed.




I've always wanted to mix two different chinas in a tablesetting. Finding these two sets at such reasonable prices, gave me the opportunity to play a little bit. In the pic below, the salad plate and bread plate are the floral Homer Laughlin...the pink banded china is the International Glenwood china.




With the soup bowl out of the way, you can see the Homer Laughlin salad plate a little better.




Here's a fun, elegant way to make sugar available for coffee or tea...a sugar scuttle.



I love how the little scoop stores right on the back of the scuttle. Doesn't this just beat a regular ole sugar bowl, any day. :-) You can almost always find these on eBay for reasonable prices.




A bunny topiary...




Here's another look, using the Glenwood pattern as the bread plate this time. I had fun seeing just how many layers I could make. I created four different layers here...they are, from the top down: Homer Laughlin fruit bowl, International Glenwood soup bowl, Homer Laughlin salad plate and Glenwood dinner plate.




The next two pics show two different looks...the only thing that changes is the bread plate. Which bread plate do you like best?




I also have the Homer Laughlin cups and saucers...so that could be another possible variation.




The four layers again, minus the napkin...




Let's peel away the layers...first we'll take away the fruit bowl...



Then the soup bowl...



And finally the salad plate...




A while back, I came across these two little swan ashtrays...I bought them to use as salt cellars.




I do like the way they look with this tablescape...what do you think?




Tea party on the porch...and you are invited!




Hope you enjoyed this tablescape! Don't miss the other wonderful tablescapes that are awaiting your visit. Just click on the links at the top of this post and you will most assuredly find yourself inspired!



Info. on items used in tablescape above: Chinas shown above are: Homer Laughlin,floral pattern name is unknown and International, pattern is Glenwood. Homer Lauglin also made the Glenwood pattern. Sterling is Towle, King Richard. Lace chargers are from Horchow online. Candle sticks came from A Classy Flea. Sugar scuttle purchased on eBay...I still see them on there all the time.



The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:

Above the Clouds

Back Porch Musings

Bargain Hunting with Laurie

Between Naps on the Porch

Creating Myself

Deanie's Space

Deb's Country Kisses

Etiquette with Miss Janice

Happy to Be

Kathleen Ellis

Lynne's Gifts from the Heart

My Insanity

Note Songs

Oak Rise Cottage

Rose Vignettes

Salmagundi

The Gypsy's Corner

Tesoro Fino-Fine Treasures

The House in the Roses

The Happy Wonderer

Thinkin'of Home

Wings of Eagles

Jenni at Rate My Space

No comments:

Post a Comment