Thursday 2 September 2010

Goggles, Specs, Whatever

alright. so this entire post is going to be dedicated to the fact that i am super excited for what is going to be taking place this weekend. but before i just tell you, i am going to give you a little background story.

when i was in 6th grade, my parents made me go to the eye doctor because i told them that i had fuzzy vision. after sometime at the dr's it was diagnosed: i needed some specs. and i was devastated. i was so sad that i had to wear glasses. what were the kids at school going to call me?!?!

a. geek
b. 4 eyes
c. nerd
d. all of the above

i was not too excited about it. but the good thing is, my older brother had to get some too. so that made it a little bit better. we'd both be nerds together. :)

so i get ready to choose my pair of specs. i was looking at a wall that had goggles extending out as far as the eye could see [which in my case, wasn't too far - i have horrible vision]. but i came to a lovely pair of little brown glasses, branded by brittney spears herself. they had her little logo on the right side.

i wore the hell out of those glasses for a few weeks and then, i discontinued wearing them until my first day in high school. i had to go through a series of exams. hearing. vision. etc. you know, the normal stuff? and as i'm doing my vision test, with my mom right behind me, i realized how bad my vision really was. i hadn't noticed much before. i would just squint if i really wanted to see something.

my mom asked me if i was faking it on my test. and i looked at her like 'why would i fake that?' i look like a weirdo that can't see. ahhaha. so back to glasses for me. i rounded up my brittney specs and wore them to school for a few days.

now - this is the worst part ever. my freshman year -  you know how they put you in alphabetical order until they can get to know everyone by names | faces. so my last name is carlson. i'm sitting in front of a kid who's last name was something lame that started with a 'b'. hahha.

now this kid, is the type of kid that you would think of when you hear the word, 'freakshow' or 'creeper'. he bugged me forever. i hated this kid. but he used to take his stupid mechanical pencil, reach around my face, and poke the end of his eraser to the front of my specs. 

at that point, i knew i needed contacts. i had about enough of this glasses business. a few weeks later i had convinced my parents that contacts were the way to go. my dad had contacts, and so my older brother and myself got some too. best decision of my life. i love my contacts.

but now, years later. i am craving to wear glasses some days when my eyes just don't want to wear contacts. so i bring out my old ghetto brittney spears specs. and i am so sad because they are outdated, and not to mention, too small for my head, as it has grown, as it should. ahhaha.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

[drumroll please...]

i am going to buy myself not 1, but 2 pair of glasses this weekend. and i am stoked. i am so excited! i will have pictures to show asap.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment