Friday 8 January 2010

Pretty in Vintage Pink

The last two days have been so much fun for me. I've been having the best time reading all about you! And YOU, the readers/visitors of BNOTP are very much a diverse group. You range in ages from 24 to 71 and you live all over the United States...from the east coast to the west coast, from the north to south, and everywhere in between. You live in Canada, Australia, Sweden and England. Some of you are retired, (I'm jealous) but those of you who are still working are Teachers, Ministers of Music, Missionaries, Interior Designers, Florists, Decorators, Doctors, Curators, Jewelery Designers, Internet Marketers, Police Officers, Social Workers, Writers, Bankers, CPA's, Artists, Hospital Administrators, Nurses, Genetic Researchers, Directors of Oncology and even work in Water Management in our Wetlands.

With all these diverse interests, backgrounds and geographic differences, you all share a common goal...to create a warm, inviting, and beautiful environment in your home. Many of you recognize that your careers are sometimes stressful or demanding...so having a calm, cozy place to come home to at the end of each day is very important. It's where you recharge and get ready for whatever the next day may have in store. I very much relate to that because of the field I'm in. Yvonne asks what field I work in. Mary, I think you and I may do similar work. I spend my days investigating reported cases of abuse, neglect and exploitation of the elderly and disabled. Isn't it wonderful that with our many different interests, locales, lifestyles and careers, we all come together each week and share what we know and love. Is this a great world or what?!

If you didn't get a chance to read the comments left on Thursday's post, you may want to take a minute to do that. Several of you were excited to find other bloggers/readers living near by. I've met some of the most wonderful friends via blogging...amazes me every time I think about it. We go antiquing together, to lunch, to the theater, on home tours and even attend dinner parties at each other's homes. That was an unexpected and delightful benefit I never dreamed of when I started blogging.

Thank you again for taking time to tell me a little about you. I've jotted down some of the suggestions you had for future posts. They were great suggestions and hopefully I can work on those. :-) Someone asked about a post detailing how one might spot a good antique when out antiquing. I'm not sure I'm qualified to cover that...I tend to buy what I love and just go a lot on instinct. Maybe Maureen (see Maureen's comment) could e-mail me some information on that subject, since she used to work in that field...then I could post it for everyone. How about it Maureen?

Vintage Dress for Pink Saturday:
A few months ago, I was bumping around inside a local antique/thrift shoppe called, A Classy Flea, and I came across something really neat. I'll let you read their description before I show you the pics of it in the store.  (Click on the pics to enlarge them for easier reading.)





Isn't it beautiful...a wonderful find! I didn't purchase it...but just wanted to share it with you since it's so beautiful! (Click on pic to enlarge.)



A close-up of the top...click on any pic to enlarge for a better view of this gorgeous dress.


"She moves slowly across the path...her heart picks up its pace...she sees a far away silhouette...is it?...could it be? oh, she believes it is...
She moves quicker, then, forgetting how "proper ladies" behave...she raises her pink taffeta and runs towards him...her love."
by The Muse




Be sure to visit Beverly's beautiful blog to see a complete list of all the participants in today's Pink Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment