Tuesday 12 January 2010

What's Your Favorite Decorating, Gardening or Tablescaping Book?

Mr. Weatherman says it's getting down into the teens tonight. Again. Ugh. So, I thought the evening called for the resurrection of an older post, one just right for a cold winter night.

Recently, I placed a little Amazon widget on my sidebar so I could share some of my favorite decorating, gardening and tablescaping books. I thought it would be great fun if you left a comment on this post, sharing the name and author of YOUR favorite decorating, design, gardening or tablescaping books. Or, maybe you know a great reference book for china, crystal or flatware.

If your book suggestion isn't already listed in my Amazon widget, I'll find it on Amazon (if it's there) and I'll add it to the widget, along with a comment stating you recommended it. Be sure and leave your first name and the first initial of your last name in your comment. That way I'll know to whom I should credit the recommendation.. :-) I know many of you enjoy decorating, gardening and tablescaping as much as I do, so I can't wait to hear the names and/or authors of some of your favs!

Hope you enjoy this post from a previous winter's eve...

A little birdie told me you had the winter blues...


So I was thinking...since Old Man Winter is here to stay for while, instead of fighting those winter blues, why don't we just embrace them.


Come on over here; I have the perfect spot for you...a comfy blue chair with a friend who also likes good books. He heard you were coming, so he put on his very best, blue, bow-tie. :-)


You'll need a nice hot cup of tea, served from a Blue Willow teapot, of course. ;-)


How about a soft, fluffy pillow...


Covered with a pretty, blue wreath...


And of course, you'll need a wonderful, blue book. Here's one of my favorites, Winter House by Charlotte Moss. Amazon says, "a Winter House is a place to recharge your body and your spirit....the perfect reference for creating your own winter sanctuary."


Winter House is full of beautiful pictures...they will warm you right down to your toes. ~~SIGH~~


So, here you are...relaxing with a good book...in a cozy, blue chair, with a blue, bow-tied bunny...


In the soft glow of a blue candle...tucked into a little blue candle holder...


With a blue bird singing sweetly on ruffled, blue doilies.


I'll just tip-toe out now and let you enjoy those winter blues. :-)

~~Whispers~~ Did you get a chance to see all the wonderful "Before and Afters" posted for Met Monday? If not, just scroll on down...so much inspiration in each post. Don't forget to leave a comment with your favorite decorating, design, gardening or tablescaping book along with your first name. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment