Sunday 6 February 2011

Pottery Barn Bedford Office Progress: Welcome to the 107th Metamorphosis Monday!

How has your weekend been going? We had a rare, gorgeous February day...it even got into the 60's. I spent the day inside, once again attacking the wallpaper in the soon-to-be-office. But before I take you there, since the report isn't very good, here are a couple of inspiration pics to remind us what the goal is.

Inspiration pic #1: The baskets for the open unit have arrived...but the unit itself doesn't ship for another week or so. You can see that unit in the pic below.




Inspiration pic #2: I ♥LOVE♥ the look of the paneling here, but my contractor doesn't have any idea where to find this exact paneling. I couldn't find any online either and if I did do paneling, I'd really want it to be this exact paneling. So for now, I'm just going to paint...that is if I can ever get the wallpaper down. I've just about decided to go with one of the yellow paints I already have in my home. Those are Duron, Sugar Cookie and Duron, Tea Biscuit. Both of those yellows are neutral enough to not limit my choice of fabric for the chair cushion or the rug that I ultimately hope to find for this room.

Update: Two readers alerted me to some paneling that is very similar at Lowe's...Ummm, I'm thinking about it. :)




Wallpaper Update:
Here's how the office looked last Met Monday. Since then, the hardwood floors were installed but getting the color just right was tricky since the existing floors in the hall outside the office had ambered quite a bit. That slowed the process down, but now the color is perfect. :) Yay!
The hardwood floors get their final coat of poly tomorrow, then that part of the renovation will be complete. I haven't been able to work on the wallpaper this week due to the different coats of poly that had to be applied to the floors, and the drying time that followed. P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E...I just keep telling myself...patience. Patience is a huge challenge for me...always has been. Maybe God is trying to teach me patience through this process. ;) So here's how the wall looked last week.





After 5 hours of work today...this is what we have. I manage to get another half a wall or so done. Sad. At least the flooring is looking good.




Even with Mr. Wagner, the wallpaper steamer, and using DIF and Fabric Softener, too...the progress is painfully slow and tedious. I'm seriously thinking of returning the wall paste and just hiring someone to come remove the rest and repair the walls where they've been damaged in the process.




Some sections won't let go no matter what...like that section there near the door under the light switch. Wagner didn't make a dent in that section. :(




Chair Change:
On a happier note, I've found a desk chair I like better than the one I originally purchased for this room. I had purchased the standard Pottery Barn desk chair you see in this inspiration pic below. But, the other night I was googling for a light fixture and came across another chair I liked a lot better.




This is actually a chair in the Pottery Barn "Teen" Store. It's from their "Chelsea" line of furniture. I love the scalloped apron on the bottom front and the scallop/curvy shape along the top of the back. And, I really like the open "cut-out" in the back. Also, I think the ball rollers will roll around better on a rug than the other one with the small wheels seemed to when I tested it.

They didn't have this chair in the PB Teen Store here in Atlanta and there are only 3 PB Teen Stores in existence (Chicago, Atlanta and New York)...so I had to order it. If it doesn't sit well or I don't like it once it arrives, I can return it to the PB that's just 2-3 miles away from my home. So, for anyone looking for a chair to go with the PB furniture, stay tuned and I'll let you know how this choice works color wise, etc... Oh, the Chelsea chair was $100 less, too...so that was good. ;)




The PB folks tell me the white color is close to the "Antique White" of the Bedford Office furniture...we'll see when it arrives. It's scheduled to be shipped on the 25th of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.




In all the googling and searching online for a rug and light fixture, I discovered Martha Stewart has a wonderful line of furniture that's perfect for a craft room. I don't do enough "crafting" to justify a craft room, but if I did, I'd seriously consider this line of furniture. It is apparently carried exclusively through Home Decorators.com. I especially love the wrapping center on the far side of the room in this pic below.




Here's another view of some of the pieces in this line. The cabinets are designed to store large pieces of craft paper/fabrics, etc...so they don't get creased.




Here's another neat unit in the Martha Stewart Craft furniture line. I was surprised how reasonable the prices were. Be forewarned though, it appears you have to assemble it when it arrives. The reviews looked pretty good, so far. Almost makes me want to create a craft room. ;)




So, that's what happening at my house these days. Can't wait to see your "Before and Afters!"

If you missed the earlier posts about the transformation of this room and would like to see it while it was still a baseball themed bedroom, you'll find that HERE and HERE. You can check my progress anytime by checking the list on my sidebar. :)





Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "Join a Blog Party" header at the top of this blog.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the visits for all participant

Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Little Reminder: Thank-you for linking back to this post so the regular visitors to your blog will find all your fellow Blogger's posts linked here for this Met Monday. If you find your link has been deleted, it is because your post didn't mention you were participating in Metamorphosis Monday and didn't include a link back to the other participants and/or was not a "Before and After" subject/project.

No comments:

Post a Comment