Monday 3 May 2010

Marcos

He's doing well! He is just at home now, because of his O2 levels. He will be back to work in no time. Tomorrow he has a quick appointment with the doctor and then we'll see if he can come off of those annoying machines.

He handled the surgery really well. He is a strong guy. I took care of him all week and it was really fun being able to take care of the man that I love. I felt bad for him, of course, but it was a nice change.

On a bad side note, one of our little fostered kittens passed late Friday night. I got home from work and 3 of them were just laying on our bed with the mama cat. I started looking for Pickles [that was the name] cause she was my very favorite kitten! ♥ I turned around and she was just laying on the floor. She looked dead. I didn't want to touch her so I just nudged her a bit to see if she would move. She looked up and just started crying. I picked her up and she weighed nearly nothing. I ran to the pet store to get her some food. She hadn't been eating. I got her a kitten bottle and some formula. I fed that to her dilligently for about an hour. A few hours later, she died in Marcos' hands. It was the saddest thing. I have never had a kitten before, much less a dead one. We didn't know what to do with the little body. We kept her there for just a few more minute making sure that she didn't wake up at all. We then went out back and dug her a cute little Pickles grave and burried her. It still makes me sad. I feel really bad for her. I try not to think about it, but the mama cat, Mobli, just wanders the house. She calls for her little kittens and only 3 run to her. She will sit there for the longest time just crying for Pickles to come around the corner. It's so sad.

But on a good note, Marcos is alive. And doing well. He's so cute. He sent me flowers today. He wrote on the little card:

Hello Booty Booty!
I love you very much for taking excellent care of me for the past week. I know its been rough, but thank you!! I love you so much!

Love,
Marcos

How adorable is that? Am I right? Yes! I am.

I love him. He is mine.

Forever and for always.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment