Friday 13 February 2009

Welcome to Pink Saturday and a Valentine's Tablescape With A Video Extra!


Also, if you are a Georgia blogger or a Blogger who lives in a surrounding state, and wouldn't mind a bit of a drive, you are invited to a luncheon on March 2nd, 11:00 AM at La Madeline French Bakery and Restaurant in Marietta, Georgia. Why are we getting together for lunch? For no other reason than to meet some fellow bloggers and have a fun time...that's it. If you would like to come, please R.S.V.P. to betweennapsontheporch@gmail.com by February 23rd so we'll be able to tell La Mad how many folks to expect. Ok...on to that pink tablescape for this Pink Saturday.

A comment was left suggesting I post my recent pink Valentine's Tablescape for Pink Saturday, especially since Saturday is Valentine's Day. So, for those who didn't see it two days ago on Thursday, welcome and hope you enjoy this table setting...it's loaded with lots of that wonderful color, PINK.

If this is your first time visiting, and you enjoy viewing tablescapes, stop by each Thursday and you will find lots of links that will take you to tablescapes all across Blogland. After you visit all the wonderful Pink postings at How Sweet the Sound, stop back by and scan down to Thursday's post to find 64 links to wonderful tablescapes.

This following whimsical tablescape is all about the color, PINK . I pulled my inspiration from this little dish I found on sale right after Valentine's Day last year at Kohls.



Do you see the pink feather boa around the centerpiece? :-) (Click on pics to enlarge)



Apothecary jar came from Marshalls several months ago...



Found these cute, pink "heart" dishes at Michaels this year for only $1 each...



Salad plate is Homer Laughlin...not sure of the pattern since the name isn't shown on the back. I found six, 5-pc place settings on eBay for around $35...including shipping.



Bet you recognize this china...it's the one used on our TT button. It's made by International and the pattern is Glenwood. Found it while out antiquing one day...got twenty+ pieces for around $14 and then bought some fill in pieces off eBay. Lace chargers are from Horchow online, a couple of years ago.



I joined a Red Hat group when I was only 48 years old. If you are a member in a Red Hat Club and you aren't yet 50, you can't wear the true Red Hat Society colors, red and purple. Instead, you are supposed to wear what they call the "watered down" colors, pink and lavender. I like the colors pink and lavender much better anyway...so I was quite happy about that! As you know, Red Hats really dress up when they get together. This cute little fluffy thing was part of a set of wrist thingies...not sure what they are called.



I thought they looked cute around the stems of the glasses in this whimsical tablescape.



Continued the "conversation hearts" theme in my centerpiece...
I used a pink feather boa left over from my Red Hat days, around the base of the jar.



A little closer view...



Around 5 years ago, I received these sweet bees wax candles as a gift from a friend. They are kind of an unusual size and I've never been able to find a use for them. I loved how they looked , surrounded by the little conversation hearts.



Candlelight, so romantic...





Speaking of conversation hearts, I was stunned when I stopped during my tablescaping to actually read some of the hearts. Guess Brach's is trying to keep up with the times...check out these messages... (Email Me, Top Chef and I.M. Me)







I couldn't resist these edible love notes...found these at Wal-mart...



The pen really works and I ate one...tasted pretty good. :-)







This adorable video seemed perfect for Valentine's Day. I know many of you have probably already seen it, but if not...be sure to watch it to the end...the best part is toward the end. :-) It takes just a few seconds to load.



Thanks for stopping by! See you on Monday for Metamorphosis Monday. Have a fantastic Valentine's Day!  You can visit the other "pink" posts at How Sweet the Sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment