Wednesday 2 September 2009

Tablescaping with Metlox, Poppytrail, Sculptured Daisy! Welcome to the 54th Tablescape Thursday!

On one of my trips to local antique/thrift store this summer, I came across this vintage Poppy Trail, Sculptured Daisy pitcher, made by Metlox Potteries. Since I'd just bought six place settings of this china the summer before at the Flea, I was excited to find a matching pitcher...and for only $6.




When I got home, I pulled out a bread plate and a cup and saucer to compare...yep, definitely Sculptured Daisy.




Before summer is all gone, I thought I'd post this summery daisy tablescape once again. This is my second favorite china to use when eating out on the porch...the first being the Ma Maison china you often see displayed on the green hutch that lives out on the porch.




I paired this vintage china with green place mats and matching napkins that I already had. The faux bamboo flatware was purchased from Big Lots late last summer to go with some china I had just bought for fall. I was happy to find it also coordinated well with this daisy pattern. Yes, I know these are cereal bowls, but I'm pretending like they are soup bowls so I could use the soup spoons.




This is an American made china and dates back to the 1960s. It was made by Metlox Potteries out of California. The name, Poppytrail, Sculptured Daisy, fits this china really well...the pattern is raised which gives the daisies a bit of a 3-D look. It makes you want to run your fingers across all the little daisies.




I found these cute flower-shaped salad plates at Home Goods...really wanted six, but they only had three. So I alternate them around the table with the salad plates that actually match the china.




Here's a pic with the matching salad plates...much more interesting with the flower salad plates, don't you think?




Isn't this just about the happiest china you've ever seen...you just couldn't be sad while eating from this plate!




The Sculptured Daisy china is so sweet and uncomplicated, I decided to decorate the table the same way. Instead of using bold candle holders with large candles, as I so often do, I went with a more delicate look, using lots of small votives, instead.




For the centerpiece, I went with an arrangement I frequently use on one of my tables during Christmas parties. This has to be one of the simplest centerpieces ever...I stole the idea from a Southern Living Magazine article a few years back. Just toss lemons into a large vase, fill with water and add some live greenery/cuttings from your yard. I like to use magnolia leaves but I'm sure other types of greenery would work just fine.




Here's the view from the other end of the table. Just as I took this picture, the sun managed to find an opening through all the trees and lit up just the centerpiece.  Isn't that amazing?! I could not have planned that if I'd tried.







A few pics as it was starting to get a bit darker outside...




Ok...I'm going to hush up now and just let you enjoy!


















Looking forward to seeing all your beautiful tablescapes!



If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment