Wednesday 23 September 2009

Tablescaping with Villeroy & Boch, Melina! Welcome to the 57th Tablescape Thursday!

A few days ago when the tree guy was here to take down the Leyland Cypress that had succumbed to our recent torrential downpours, I asked him to take a look at a tree in my backyard that is perilously close to the house. I let him in through the front door and guided him passed the 2/3 finished "formal" tablescape in the dining room. Ummm. On through the kitchen we walked, past the 2/3 completed "Halloween" tablescape in the breakfast room. Un, huh. I opened the door to the screened-in porch and out we walked, just pass the 2/3 done "Fall" tablescape out on the porch. Yeaaah. Now, this is not the norm...usually I am only working on one tablescape at the time. But lately I've had a million tablescaping ideas floating through my head...I'm blaming it on the change of the seasons.

I'm not sure why, but by this point I found myself thinking I owed him some sort of explanation. Uh, Mr. Tree Guy, I really don't have a dining or food obsession...really! You see, it's more like a "china" obsession! No, no, no...that explanation will never work. Instead, I found myself mumbling something about "just putting together some tablescapes," which I soon gave up, realizing it would take more than a sentence or two to explain about blogging and this thing called "Tablescape Thursday." Can you just imagine the conversation he must have had with his wife over dinner that night...you know, the one about this crazy woman who had her breakfast table decked out for Halloween in mid September. :-) :-) :-)

Sooo, sometime, very soon...I hope to dazzle you with some new tablescapes. :-) In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy a "rerun" from last January. I promise to return next week (just like Desperate Housewives) with a whole new "episode" for your viewing pleasure. :-)

Scene from a French Cafe...

Speaking in a heavy french accent, you are greeted by your waiter, Jean Claude...who with a grand wave of his right arm, says, "Right this way Madame and Mademoiselle...I have your breakfast all ready and waiting for you. Please excuse this napkin...I mean scarf, the boss is making me wear. She insist I coordinate with the tablescape...silliest thing I've ever heard. Quel désastre!"



Breakfast for two...Quelle bonne idée !




Creamware is Butler's Pantry, Gourmet by Lenox; Fruit-patterned china is Melina by Villeroy & Boch.



Que c'est délicieux!




Ahhh, yes...I would like to introduce my tablescape consultant, extraordinaire...Monsieur Ecureuil. The shutters in this little french cafe' were wide open as I prepared this tablescape. Mr. Squirrel...uh...I mean Monsieur Ecureuil, sat and watched my every move to make sure I was doing a good job.



Jean Claude looks quite pleased with his table setting.




Found these Frenchy juice glasses at Williams-Sonoma many years ago...Parfait!



Love how the fruit design works with the Melina china.









"All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." John Gunther





Lace chargers are from Horchow, online...purchased around a year ago.




This was the first time I've ever used egg cups. I followed the instructions at this SITE to learn how to "open" the tops of the eggs. It was really easy and que c'est délicieux!







Bon appétit!




Comme il est beau! Mais je te jure que c'est vrai!
(Translation: He is so handsome! But I swear, it's true!)







Looking forward to seeing your beautiful tablescapes!

If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment